Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals in 2013

Now I'm not one to make a bunch of "New Year's Resolutions".  I think sometimes it can create unreal expectations and puts a lot of pressure on us as individuals.  I do however think that setting a few realistic, obtainable goals for the new year is a good idea and can help focus my priorities for 2013.

Here are a few personal "goals" I have for the new year.  I'm not kidding anyone when I say I will probably not achieve all of them but I am hoping that I can at least make an attempt at all.

1. To be a better wife

-This is a new role for me and I want to strive to be the best I can be in it.

2. Become more organized

-I'm realize this may be hard for me since currently all of my things are in the U.S.  but I have a strong desire to find systems that work for us around the house and make sure everything has its place.

3. Cook more

-I am by far not the best cook on the block.  I am still very much feeling my away around the spice rack and testing out new recipes.  I want to strive to find delicious and healthy meals for us to enjoy.

4. Read through the Bible

-I have a great devotional that separates the books into manageable chunks for each day.  I love how it pulls together chapters with similar messages.  Thus far I am loving my little quiet time in the morning with Him.

5. Be more healthy

-This one is a little loaded as it means a lot of different things to me.  After a few weeks hiatus  I am planning on starting my workouts again (post to come).  I also want to be more intentional in what I put in my mouth, aka lots of fruits and veggies.

6. Be more creative

-I am always saving ideas for crafts and scrap booking.  2013 is going to be the year of action.

7. Give more

-Sometimes I feel I can get wrapped up in myself and my needs.  This year I want to be more conscious of others and how I can help them.

8. More family time

-We love spending time with our friends but sometimes its nice to get out just the two of us.  In the new year I hope to make "date night" a priority.  Also, being a military family makes time with our families so precious.  I hope in this new year we will be able to visit more with our families and have them come visit us!

9. Relax more

-I'm a list maker and very task orientated.  Josh will tell you sometimes I just can't sit still because I feel like I need to be doing something.  This year I want to take more time to relax and enjoy the slow moments.

10. Travel

-Josh and I love to travel whether its a big vacation or somewhere in our backyard.  I am excited to see what adventures are in store for us this new year!


1 comment:

  1. I appreciated reading all your goals! You have some good ones!
    I love that about the new year.....everything can be fresh!
    Look forward to seeing what gets accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...