Friday, August 10, 2012

USA Trip

Josh and I just got back from a three week vacation to the good ole' USA and it definitely did not disappoint. I headed out first and managed to make it into Chicago without any major hiccups.  I had two really good flights and was able to grab some shut eye on both.  After quick trips through immigration and customs, I was out the door and headed back to Mendota.  

There was no rest for the weary as the next day I had already scheduled appoints with the hairdresser, dentist and eye doctor.  Seeing my lack of jet lag, my dad called about mid-day asking if I would be able to run a tractor.  I should have known he'd have me driving less than 24 hours after getting off the plane.  

The rest of the week was a flurry of wedding planning.  It was great to spend some time with my mom and do all the wedding things that I hadn't got to do yet.  Up till then, Josh and I had been booking things online and communicating with vendors through email.  It was great to actually meet these people and discuss our day in person.  We tasted cake, toured the venue and even got to pick out a wedding dress!

That weekend I went up to Chicago to visit with some of my best girl friends.  My maid of honor threw a bachelorette party and we had a blast hanging out in the city.  The day was amazing!  We started out with manicures and pedicures followed by a delicious lunch of tacos and margaritas.  Next we took a chartered boat ride down the Chicago River and spent some time just chatting and catching up.  After a quick nap and some freshening up we headed out to a great Italian place for dinner and then hit the town.  I can't say how much fun I had and how grateful I am to Arthi and everyone who came out for it.  

The next week continued to be a whirlwind of appointments and visits.  We checked out flowers as well as went shopping for my mom's outfit.  The nights were filled with fun too as I got to hang out with my aunts and catch up with all of the Stephenitch women at our famous "Taco Tuesdays".  (still can't figure out why the restaurant allows us to keep coming back) 

That weekend I headed up to Wisconsin to meet up with Josh and visit with his brother's family.  It was so nice to finally have a few minutes to relax and even better to spend that time with family.  It was especially nice to have Josh's sister and two nieces come down for the day.  I had a blast cooking dinner with them and catching up.  Our trip ended too soon as we headed back to my parents the following Monday.

Again our week was full of wedding planning and errands.  Josh and I met with the DJ, photographers, took engagement pics, ordered tuxes and bought rings.  It was an exciting but busy time.  I am so thankful to have a fiance who is willing and wants to help with wedding things.  It was such a relief to sit back and let him talk photography and sound with the vendors.  

The end of the week was spent celebrating the marriage of one of my best friends.  It was so exciting to be able to be there for her and Patrick and for them to meet Josh.  I loved getting to be a part of her big day!  

Our trip came to an end on Monday as we headed back to Kenya.  On one hand I was ready to head back but there is always some emotion leaving our family.  This trip I was looking forward to traveling the whole way with Josh.  We have never been able to successfully plan our flights around each other yet!  The plane rides were long and not the best.  Needless to say we're still recovering from a bit of jet lag.  

Overall it was an amazing trip!  We did a ton of wedding planning and got to see a lot of family and friends.  It was a much needed break from the daily grind over here and we're already excited for November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...