Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Looking forward to Labor Day

Josh and I really aren't planners.  Sometimes I pretend to be, but in general I'd much rather have someone else do it for me.  With the Labor Day holiday fast approaching, we decided it would be nice to head somewhere we haven't been yet.  Unlike many of our other trips, we were limited by lack of vehicle (Lucy, our car, is still in the shop) and really didn't have a concrete idea of where we wanted to go.

We did a little searching and made a short list of some of the parks we've been wanting to see.  With our time in Kenya now under a year, I feel a little urgency to start checking off items from our "Kenya must see list".  Meru...Amboselli...Samburu...

After numerous emails to tour companies, we've narrowed it down to Samburu.  Samburu National Reserve is one of the northern-most popular game reserves besides Turkana.  Its landscape is different than anything we've ever seen.  Its mainly arid but with rich wildlife along the banks of the river that flows through.

I'm mainly excited because of the animals that reside in the park.  I hate to say but after seeing hundreds of antelope, lions, elephants and giraffe in other parks, I'm not as excited when one of these come along.  In Samburu we have a high possibility of seeing something that we haven't before such as,  the olive baboon, gerenuk, Grevy's zebra, Beisa oryx and reticulated giraffe.

Overall I think its going to be a great trip and it'll be nice to get away and explore again.  Of course there's a million things to do before we leave but then again knowing us we'll probably do them all the night before and  I wouldn't have it any other way :)

1 comment:

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...