Friday, July 15, 2011

Turning 24 in Kenya

This was the second year in the row that I spent my birthday overseas. Although I miss celebrating with friends and family back home I had a great time here as well. This year was pretty quiet. No rain forest adventures or world cup games watched just some quality time in Kisumu. Josh took me out for lunch at one of my favorite places, Green Garden where we split two really good dishes. After that we headed out to the outskirts of town to do a little hiking on some hills. Its a pretty easy climb and there are some great views of Kisumu once you get to the top. We were just toasting my birthday on a boulder near the top when we heard the thunder rumbling in. Sure enough ten minutes later we found ourselves in a downpour. Hey whats Kenya without getting trapped in a rainstorm! Needless to say we packed up our things and headed back down. What's a little rain?

Below is the only picture I took of the hike. Too bad I don't have an image of us after the rain :) (Also my eyes may or may not be shut....oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...