Friday, December 30, 2016

The Big Move

Right around Veteran's Day we made the big move from Vake to Digomi.  For those of you who aren't familiar with those terms, Vake is a district downtown Tbilisi with shops and stores most within walking distance.  Digomi, on the other hand, is more a suburb just outside the city with individual homes (versus apartments).

I was honestly struggling being downtown.  Don't get me wrong I really did love our apartment.  It was like a home: Two floors with large rooms and kitchen. But I hated getting the kids and all of our things up to it.  It just wasn't sometimes possible.  You can't leave the kids so the groceries or mail sat.

We were also in Digomi 2-3 times a week anyways.  I was driving over an hour round trip for play dates and embassy runs.  My kids were getting makeshift naps in the car while I was dodging crazy Tbilisi traffic.

Needless to say we took the leap.  Packed up the apartment and moved into a home.  It was a crazy day with movers working from 11-7 but we got it done!  Two trips and all of our things were now in this beautiful home with the best yard.

It took me about a week but we unpacked quickly and tried to really get settled before Thanksgiving rolled around.  It was fairly easy because unlike any other move we did, we packed ourselves.  (Note I will never pack myself again but it did help on the other end for the most part) I knew what was in each box and was able to just restructure it in our new home.  There wasn't a lot of "figuring out organization" because the furniture was mostly the same too!

The girls love the yard and the extra space.  I love that we will still have about half of our tour here and will really get to enjoy days outside in the yard and playdates we can WALK to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...