Thursday, February 26, 2015

Life Lately

I feel like I have really been neglecting this space as of late.  February has literally flown by and we are just now starting to somewhat get back into a routine.  Josh's work schedule has been pretty laid back as he transitions back into full time work.  It's been such an unexpected blessing as we have been able to have more family time than I originally thought.

Suddenly winter has arrived in North Carolina as well.  We've gotten snow a couple days and the temperature has plummeted.  Lately we've also been getting that lovely wintry mix.  Roads have been somewhat nasty and we've had our fair share of snow days and late starts.  For the most part it hasn't affected us too much but we have been more cooped up in the house than I like.

We welcomed back the rest of Josh's unit last night.  It was so refreshing to see everyone home and reunited with their families.

I've been bonding a lot with my sewing machine lately.  I've made Mara two skirts and one dress in the last week and am currently working on one for myself.  It's all been a trial and error thing as I have absolutely no experience sewing.  I also hate reading directions and prefer a jump in with two feet approach so you get the idea...

I got a new computer about a week ago and I love it.  My old laptop was on it's last breath and I was literally just waiting on the day it decided to stop working.  We ended up getting a Microsoft Surface Pro.  For those of you who haven't seen the new 2 in 1 laptops they are awesome.  They have both laptop and tablet capabilities.  I was really looking to downsize computers to something more compact and lightweight and this really just fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...