Friday, February 27, 2015

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

Baby girl your Daddy came home the other day.  Despite trying to prepare you I think you were completely surprised.  Why is this guy not in the computer like he always is?

We met Daddy at the hospital and you were so shy.  You didn't cry or get upset.  You were just so unsure.  You clung to Mama's leg and wanted to be held.

This wore off so fast little girl.  I think by the time we were in the car you had realized Daddy was home.  You held his hand the entire ride.  And when we got home, Baby Girl, you were all his.

You brought him books to read and showed him all your favorite toys.  You chased him around the house on your Radio Flyer and sat on his lap during dinner.

Over the next few days your Daddy became your whole world.  You were his shadow, trailing him around the house no matter where he went!  Mama was no longer wanted (and this was totally fine).

All this, your reaction to having your Daddy back, just warmed my heart.  I knew you missed him.  I knew you knew who he was.  I knew you'd do ok.  I just didn't expect you to pick up so quickly where you left off.

It's like he was never gone in your eyes.

Baby girl I am so happy you have your Daddy back.  I know how much you missed him (and he you)!  It makes Mama's heart so happy to see you two together again!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mama & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...