Friday, March 15, 2013

50 Days

Are we really at that point?  Do we really only have 50 days left till we leave this place?  It seems unreal to me to even consider but in that short amount of time we will be leaving this home and headed to the next.  Kenya has meant so much to us.  Its been a land of firsts.  Its where we met, decided to get married and started our lives together.  This is the only home we've known as a couple.  

Beyond that I can't even begin to start to think about saying good-bye to our friends here.  They have become our family over the last three years and its hard to fathom that we may never see some of them again.  (Yes I understand that's hard to say but I think sometimes its the reality.)  Its hard to explain but the people we have met over here are some of the best I know.  They are a different breed.  Adventurous, full of life, kind and caring.  It takes a special person to live and work here and our friends are just some of the best.

Don't get me wrong.  I am excited to start this next chapter in our lives.  It will be great to be back in the states and closer to our families.  North Carolina will of course bring its own adventures; they will just be of a different kind ;-)  

So 50 days...50 days to keep making memories.  50 days to fit in those last few trips.  50 days to soak up the equator sun.  50 days left in beautiful Kisumu.  50 days to say good-byes to friends.  50 more days in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...