Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monkey Rock...again

So I recall saying climbing Monkey rock was one experience I didn't want to have anytime in the near future.  BUT well Josh promised we'd take the actual trail this time so I couldn't really say no.

A month ago (yes I know I'm behind but I honestly forgot about this little trip) we headed up to monkey rock to try to make it to the top.  If you don't remember our first attempt you can read a little more about it here: http://kenyadreamit.blogspot.com/2011/09/monkey-rockan-adventure-im-not-sure-i.html 

This time we marked the trail head and found a guide willing to take us up to the top.  I don't know much else to say about the trip other than it was a long and difficult hike.  The climb was mostly uphill with many large steps carved out of the mountain side.  It was embarrassing to get passed by little kids scrambling easily over the large rocks. 

The kids beat us
We were greeted to amazing views of Kisumu and got to enjoy some wonderful small waterfalls.  At the top Josh tried his hand at a little grappling and actually got to the top of monkey rock.  With the difficulty of the climb and the little fact of no safety net I decided I was better off on the ground. 


Encountering a little road block along the way

Overall it was a good day.  We got to do a little hiking (not to mention exercising) while enjoying the views from the top.  Again I'm not sure I would do the hike again.  Although nice it was very long and difficult and I'm not sure I could find my way up to the top again.  BUT I did say never again before and look where that got me :)

Josh at the top of Monkey Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...