Friday, June 24, 2011

A taste of Mendota in Kenya



I'm not a picky eater and you can't be over here. BUT I do get really excited when I find a dish or food that reminds me of home. Sure you can ask for certain "American dishes" but 9 times out of 10 its just not how you remember it despite the waiters constant claims that "Yes yes that is how it is."


The other night I had one of these savory food moments when we came home after work and found.......SWEET CORN. Yes actual sweet corn not the traditional maize (or what we would call field corn) found here in Kenya. I think I about died. I had noticed some growing in the garden out back but didn't fully trust that it was going to turn out as the gardner claimed. They just don't have that here!


But as I sat there with my hot, salted, and buttery ear I was thankful that this time, I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...