Thursday, September 21, 2017

Disney World-Day 3 (Magic Kingdom)

Day 3 by far was the most "magical" for me! We had planned on spending the day at Magic Kingdom which is just the backbone of the Disney experience.  I know there would be the most at this park for my girls and they would really enjoy it!

Mickey opens the park!

Maddy is amazed

We got there early to catch the opening show and it just really started the day off on the right foot.  (Mara was a crab until Mickey hit the stage).  After the show we headed through the castle and started our long list of rides for the day.

Meeting Ariel

Poor Aunt Mary got to ride the spinning tea cups with Mara

I loved getting there early as we literally just walked onto everything!  We hit up Peter Pan's Flight, Little Mermaid (both the ride and meeting Ariel), Winnie the Pooh, spinning teacups, and the carosoul all within a matter of an hour.  Mara still claims that the Peter Pan ride was her absolute favorite and I wish we would have been able to do it again.  Meeting Ariel was also a huge highlight as she was really the first princess we did!

The Merry-Go-Round was a hit with everyone


At this point we split up and Josh headed to tomorrowland to ride space mountain.  The girls and I went to meet Belle at Enchanted Tales.  Of course Mara was too shy to participate in the actual show but loved when Belle took her hand for the parade around the library!  From there it was off to meet Rapunzel, who is Mara's favorite, and Tiana. She really came alive and was talking to her.  I love that she was starting to get the hang of this whole meet and greet thing!  Maddy was obviously unimpressed as she slept through the whole thing.

Meeting Tiania

After that it was time to head back to the hotel for lunch and a rest.  I didn't fully understand the brutality of Florida heat until this trip.  It just zapped the energy out of us!!

Outside Enchanted Tales

I love how Bellegot down on the floor with Maddy

The favorite!

Of course later that afternoon we headed back only to be rained out.  Today we were not interested in a repeat of the previous downpour so we took shelter in the train station.  When it finally let up enough we dashed across Main Street to meet Tinker Bell!  Mara's reaction: Mom she talked so fast! I don't know what she said!

Lunch at the hotel

Here comes the rain

By then the rain had let up so we headed to dinner.  This night I had booked us the family Thanksgiving feast at Liberty Tavern.  It was an expensive dinner but I had heard so many amazing reviews about it add in my LOVE for all things Thanksgiving and I just had too.  It was delicious served family style we feasted on turkey, pork, pot roast, potatoes, stuffing, corn, rolls, etc.  So amazing!!

Watching the carpets fly

Tink!

Since we had fully stuffed ourselves it was time to walk a bit and burn off those calories.  We headed to Aladdin's Magic Carpets and then did a classic in the Country Bear Jambouree.  Our last ride of the night was a short train ride to tomorrowland where we were forced to get off and join the hoards of folks making their way to the fireworks.

One last ride for the day

As we decided to stay for the show we glanced down and both of the girls were passed out.  FAIL!  Although I think Josh would have stayed, I felt it was kind of silly with both girls asleep.  We made our way out to the busses and boarded just as the first fireworks lit up the sky above the castle.

This day was one of my favorites of the entire trip! Just so many fun moments and pure joy from my girls!!


Night falls on the castle













No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...