Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mara-2.75 years

This has been both a trying and exciting time for Mara.  Trying in the sense of man are we in the midst of the terrible twos and exciting in that I just love watching her change and personality become more apparent.


She is absolutely obsessed with Minnie Mouse and Princesses.  Anything and everything that involves them she is all over.  Her favorite seems to be Cinderella.  Everything is Cinderella.  She even came up to a bride on our vacation and wanted to meet "Cinderella".  It's so sweet!


Her vocabulary has just exploded the past few weeks.  She seems to have gotten over her fear of saying certain things and will repeat anything.  This is so like her as she has always not wanted to try a new thing until she's sure she's mastered it.

Her new thing is getting me to agree before I even say anything.  She'll ask me a questions then immeaditily say, "uh huh. Ok. Ok Mama. Thanks." It's like she's doesn't want to wait for me to give a real answer.


She's doing awesome with her hand eye skills.  Recently she rocked a few sticker books and I was just blown away.

She's all girl not wanting to wear anything but skirts and dresses.  She affectionately calls anything flowly as a tutu.

We weaned her from the paci and she was doing amazing.  When we got back from our vacation she wanted it a few times but I think for the most part it's gone.  We have also completely stopped napping.  This SUCKS for mama but it is such a fight to get her to go down.  It is not worth it to me to go through that every day.  She has quiet solo play time during that time and it works for us.  She will still sleep in the car if we've been out and about.


She took her first flight without a car seat.  We didn't want to lug it so we just had her sit in the seat.  She did really well.  She fought the seat belt the first few flights and now seems to understand that she needs to wear it.  On that note she added a few more countries to her passport: Germany, France, Croatia and Bosnia.


I can't believe she's almost 3!  Only three more months till my baby is 3 years old.  Where did the time go.  At the same time I am shocked and amazed at the little girl she's become.  I can't wait to see her continue to grow and develop.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...