Monday, June 6, 2016

Life With Two

Adjusting to life with two has had it's good days and bad.  I can't imagine our lives without Maddy and we feel really complete as a family of 4.

There has been those days where I just have to laugh and say yeah I'll look back one day and smile at this:

1. Grocery shopping is literally an Olympic sport at this point.  Get Mara in the cart.  Strap Maddy on.  Steer that crazy contraption through the stores (why do carts have those crazy all radial wheels on them anyways?!) Somehow make it to the checkout before you're screaming at the toddler and the baby is melting down.

2.  And those grocery bags.  How exactly are you supposed to haul the kids plus the groceries up the elevator from the parking garage?  Not only do I try to grab every bag I can manage in one trip but at least one girl is asleep if not both.

3.  Getting out the door.  I mean it happens and we make it but doing it in less than 15 minutes.  Yeah it goes something like put Maddy in the bouncer. Find the toddler.  Get said toddler to go to the potty.  Make up some crazy dance to get her to sit down.  Finally she pees.  Jump up and down for the baby's amusement.  Get shoes on the toddler.  Oh you don't like these shoes ok go pick out another pair!! Grab the diaper bag, shoes for myself, keys, sunglasses, coats, .....oh wait the baby!!

4. The mail.  So we don't have the typical mail delivery service and have to go get it at the embassy.  This means usually the double stroller which may I mention barely fits through the doors here.  Those Europeans and their door size but don't get me started there.  Then I have to push said stroller through too many doors to count.  The mailmen always look at me like I've grown a third head.  Yes I have two kids.  Yes I need to pick up all those packages.  We'll manage.  Then comes loading us down and somehow maneuvering it all back out to the car.  Oh we can't forget the mandatory stop for M & Ms in the commissary.

5. And what about just the day to day.  Oh you're hungry ok let me finish feeding Maddy.  Ok what do you want to eat.  Not this or this or this.  Finally something.  Ok the baby's crying.  Let's go get her.  Where do you want me to sit?  What do you want me to do?  Do you have to go potty?  Phew is it bedtime yet!?

Don't get me wrong, life with two is sometimes magical and I find us having those moments of what did we do before this more often than not.  It's always a learning curve but I'm so thankful to be the mama of these two beautiful girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...