Wednesday, April 24, 2013

17 Weeks

This week has been super busy with getting ready to leave Kenya.  I've been running around the house trying to pack our airplane luggage and label things for the movers.  Luckily the second trimester has brought huge spurts of energy!  So thankful that we are moving during this time rather than earlier/later.  Sleep has gotten better.  I still don't have it completely figured out but I've ditched the body pillow for a regular one.  I usually put it under my belly to fall asleep and then toss it to the side during the night.  I've found that sleeping on my left side is overall the best position  for me and when I do I tend to get the most sleep.  

I haven't gotten a ton of movement from Baby Bast this week just some flutters here and there.  My belly is still growing but I haven't gained any more weight.  At this point I think the baby is basically taking everything from me.  I've been making a point of it to eat about 6 small meals a day and that's helping.  My regular clothes are still working for the most part except my jeans.  With this crazy spring weather currently going on in the states I hope I don't need them when we get there!

I'm still craving all things spicy and I can't wait till we get back to the states to enjoy some real Mexican!  (Note: I've had tacos for lunch the last two days) I am still dreaming of some of our US favorites.  

Overall I'm feeling great this week pregnancy-wise.  I am super excited to show off this little bump to family and friends and start setting up our new home in North Carolina.  I can't wait to schedule our mid-pregnancy ultrasound and see this little one again.  We are also planning on learning if its a boy or a girl.  We've kind of put off thinking of names and getting any baby gear until we know what we're having.  

17 weeks and growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...