Monday, September 21, 2015

24 Weeks with Baby #2

This week has been pretty busy around here.  For the most part I've been feeling pretty well for six months.  I've been waking up a lot during the night having to use the restroom or readjust my pillow.  I never realized how sleep dependent I am till I had kids.  It's been really tiring on me to wake up this much during the night.  Most nights I can't even handle going in to Mara's room if she wakes.  I resort to waking Josh and sending him in.  I feel bad that I'm not evenly handling that load but my body seriously can't do it.

I finally got some new maternity items this week as well.  I tend to get some enlarged veins while pregnant but hate wearing the traditional "support hose".  I found some leggings that have the support built in and they are awesome.  I've also been using arnica on them daily which has greatly reduced the pain.  Along with the leggings I bought a support top.  I wore it once and it was awesome.  Unfortunately I got a serious heat rash from it that I can't seem to shake.  I don't know if it was the direct cause but I haven't worn it since.

We've also got our act together (finally) and started looking into hospitals and doctors here in Tbilisi.  We've haven't made our final decision but we are leaning heavily on staying here to have this baby.  On Friday we went to Chachava Clinic and got a tour from the nursing staff of the birthing rooms.  Overall there were no red flags.  Communication was a little difficult as few spoke English but we managed.  We tried to go back on Saturday to meet with a doctor but an emergency c-section changed those plans.  I'll go in next week and meet directly with her.  Next week we also have an appointment with another doctor at another clinic and then our regular monthly visit at the embassy.

I'm still feeling the nesting instinct like crazy.  I don't think it helps that we've been planning Mara's birthday part next week.  We just have a lot going on at the end of this month and I'm sure things will slow down a bit once we get into October.  Thankfully I'm not feeling the urge to clean but I really want to get some areas of the house organized and then a few more decoration done in the baby's room.

For comparison 24 weeks with Mara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...