Saturday, September 12, 2015

23 Weeks with Baby #2

One more week till 6 months!  Wow that went quick!  I feel like nothing has really changed this week.  Time is flying by and we're hanging in there.  I am up about 15 pounds already.  This is more than I was with Mara at this time but honestly I'm not too concerned.  I still expect to gain about the same amount (35ish pounds).

We're a tad closer to figuring out where this baby is going to be born.  We've talked to family about visiting and helping.  We've made so many contacts here with ladies who have given birth in Georgia.  Some are missionaries, some are state department and the other day I even connected with a military spouse who had her daughter here!  It's so helpful to get this direct perspective.  The next step is to go tour the hospitals.  I don't know why I keep putting it off.  Scratch that I do.  I'm a little nervous of calling and no one speaking English.  I hate that.  I guess I just need to bite the bullet and do it.  Tricare will be calling soon and wondering what we're going to do.

 I'm starting to feel the nesting kick in.  I'm so thankful that it hasn't happened sooner with the move.  I am also super glad that we have a housekeeper now.  She can handle the cleaning part of the nesting while I get to do all the fun things.  lol.  I was in our storage closet the other day thinking man I need to get out those newborn things, get them washed and put away.  Then I stopped and was like, "woah, Jen, you have three more months." I think I'm motivated to get her room settled because I was finally able to move all the junk out of it the other day.  Now it's time for baby!!

Josh finally got to feel her kick the other day.  She only really kicks at night so it can be difficult to get the timing right.  I'm glad he was finally able to.  Mara has been really sweet with the idea of a new baby lately.  She has officially added the baby to the family song she sings and talks about the baby all the time.  She knows which room is the babies and has been practicing with her animals using all the baby gear.


For comparison 23 weeks with Mara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...