Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dear Little One

Dear Little One,

There are some days, well most days, I forget you're in there.  That this perfect little girl is growing inside of me.  Then night falls and you remind me with a few strong kicks to the ribs that, "Hey mom! I'm here!"

What a blessing you are Little One.  Mommy and Daddy were so excited when we found out you were on your way.  We couldn't wipe the silly grins off our faces.  We prayed for you, hoped for you and loved you before we even knew you.

Sometimes I find myself in your soon to be nursery while your sister is napping. I stare at the rocking chair and the crib that she has outgrown and I tear up.  Not because they are no longer in use but because I know soon I will get to cuddle you little one in that chair and lay you in that crib.  I can't wait for the day where I can hold you in my arms, kiss your nose and count your little toes.

Just because you are our second doesn't make you any less special.  Sure I wonder how much you will be like your big sister.  Will you be bald like her? (likely)  Will you have the same sleep troubles? (I sure hope not)

In the end you are you little one and she is she.  And we can't wait to see what that will be!

Little one we love you so much!  We are so blessed to call ourselves your parents and cannot wait for the day we get to meet you.

Love,

Mommy & Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...