Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Packing

The movers have finally left and with them went all of our things.  Now of course we knew this was going to happen, we were kind of even a little excited about it.  I just didn't factor what the house would look like and how I would feel after it was all gone.  Our beautiful home here in Kisumu is empty and its a little sad.

Our bedroom

They started Friday morning and moved like a well oiled machine through the house.  I definitely underestimated how involved we would be while they were here.  I was constantly confirming what was to be packed and what wasn't to be touched.  I stood my ground when they refused to ship Buddy's food.  That stuff is expensive and we ARE taking it back with us!  By the end of the first day they had every room packed besides our bedroom and man was it hard keeping them out of there.  We were exhausted and tired when it was all said and done.  And boy did my feet hurt!

The packed kitchen

The moving truck ready to be backed

Day two had them invading our bedroom whether we were ready or not! Thankfully it was a much shorter and less involved day as they were quickly done with the packing.  The rest of the day they spent packing up the larger crates and weighing each individual box.  I was even able to sneak away for a nap in the midst of it all.  :-)

Our first home

Looking back on the last two days, I am so thankful that the military provides people to do this for you. I don't know what we would have done if they didn't.  I am also thankful that its over and we still have a few more days to enjoy Kisumu with our friends.  I know I am definitely not thinking about leaving and I am sure it will all hit us when that day arrives (2 days eek!).  Good byes will start and the hours will fall away, but for now Kisumu is still home despite the empty house and bare walls...

I'm going to miss this place






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...