Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Morning Hike

Last weekend Josh and I went out to one of our favorite hiking spots around Kisumu to get a little exercise and enjoy the spot one last time before leaving.  We had convinced a few of our friends to come with us and were excited to show them the spot.  Unfortunately when we pulled up to the water treatment plant we were greeted by large bulldozers and excavators.  Construction had started in hopes of expanding the plant and in doing so had destroyed the start of the trail.

Determined not to let this ruin our morning we set off to find the trail head and were able to pick up a little of the path as it weaved alongside the waterfall.  With Josh in the lead, we made our way along the narrowing trail and climbing up the steep ravine.  I think at some point we took a wrong turn as the path basically disappeared into the bush.  Luckily we made our way back to the main trail minus a few cuts and scrapes along the way.

I have so many pictures of him on this rock

Now I've been working out a bit and we had just got back from playing Frisbee on the beach.  I thought what's a little hike...Wow was I ever wrong.  I was so out of breath.  Guess it was this whole breathing for two thing.  On top of being out of breath I was lucky enough to also swallow a fly.  Yes a fly.  Flew right into my wide open mouth while I was gasping for air.  Luck of the draw, eh?

After a little coughing and lots of water, I shook it off to a bit of extra protein and we made it to the top.  Thankfully the trip down was a little less adventurous.

Josh on the way down overlooking Kisumu

Overall it was a great morning.  Despite being a bit out of shape it was nice to get out and get some fresh air.  I was glad we were able to visit the falls one last time and enjoy some great views of Kisumu and the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...