Thursday, November 14, 2013

Why I Blog

Every blogger has their reason for getting started.  Something that sparked them to start their little part of the internet world.  Now a days blogging can be a full time job for some or a place where they visit only once a month.  Blogging is another aspect of our social media lifestyle and can be a way to share your life with those around you.  

I started blogging about three years ago as a way to keep in touch with my family when I was completing my master's thesis in Kenya.  Honestly I thought it would be a great way to share my adventures with them without having to tell the same story over and over again.  Life has changed a lot from 2010 and so is the reason why I blog.

I blog to have a record of our lives and adventures.  I want to remember each and every moment of this life we've made together.

I blog to share our life with our family and friends.  I know a ton of my family and friends who follow me on my blog so they can keep up with us.  I know it makes them feel like they are a bigger part of our lives.  

I blog to connect with other bloggers.  I love keeping up with my "blog friends".  I can't tell you how much of an encouragement it has been to read about other pregnancies and touch base with other mommies.  

I blog to be able to write.  Growing up writing was something I dreaded.  Now I love it.  There's something relaxing about opening up that fresh new post page and diving in.  

I blog to share our story.  Maybe, just maybe there's someone out there who is reading my little piece of the web and is encouraged by my post.  

I blog because I can't imagine not blogging.  Sure there may be some time in my life where I will choose not to blog but for now, I will continue to because I love doing so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...