Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Turning 25 in Kenya

For the last three years I have celebrated my birthday here in Kenya.  I've found that there's nothing really new or special about celebrating here other than maybe not getting your first choice in birthday dinner options or the traditional birthday cake.

This year was nothing out of the ordinary as I woke up early to catch the shuttle to work.  I spent most of the  morning catching up with my clinicians in the field and completing the day to day work of my study.  I did get to head home early though and spent those extra hours completing a photo book project Josh and I had started the night before.  Afterwards we settled into a relaxing evening of catching up on some of our favorite TV shows and enjoyed a home-cooked dinner of stir fry.

Overall it was a pretty quiet night, but that's ok.  We got to celebrate with friends last Sunday when they surprised me with a cake and candles.

I'm sorry to those who expected some big and elaborate story.  This year it wasn't about that.  I was just happy to spend some relaxing time at home with Josh.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...