Friday, April 17, 2015

Zip Lining

This past weekend Josh and I finally used his Christmas gift.  I had purchased a zip lining package along with two swing shot tickets for a local place nearby.  Josh had done the zip lining course there before but I had never zip lined and was excited to give it a try.

Two of our friends watched Mara and we headed off.  The course was composed of 8 zips and 3 bridges.  I was a little nervous as I am scared of heights.  Surprisingly I felt great most of the course only getting nervous on the bridges.


It was a pure thrill to zip from one tree to another.  The course is within a state park and they have done a great job of limiting the amount of trees they had to cut down to build the course.  The result is you are literally flying among the trees.

At the end of the course we took turns at the swing shot.  They hoisted us up high in the air and then let us go.  After a few seconds of free fall the rope caught and you were swung out over the falls.  The view was breath taking.

It was a great day.  I'm so glad we were able to get out and do something together.  Sometimes I Think we focus on doing events as a family (which are so important) that we don't get as much time just as a couple.  This was a perfect date for us.

1 comment:

  1. I am a total chicken, I can barely do roller coasters. So I'm fairly sure I wouldn't a great zip liner. (; Looks like you had a great time though! What a Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...