Friday, October 18, 2013

First Bath

Monday before Josh had to go back to work I decided that Mara needed her first bath.  Her umbilical cord had fallen off a few days prior but hadn't fully healed quite yet.  It was finally looking good and she was starting to smell a little too much like spoiled milk so it was time to see how she did.

To say I was nervous was an understatement.  Yes I actually googled how to give a newborn a bath.  I mean do you use soap?  Do you keep a washcloth on her to keep her warm?  Thankfully Josh had more of the jump right in approach.  After I got all the necessary things ready (tub, warm water, wash cloth, fresh clothes/diaper) he handled the actual bathing.

Mara did great!  She didn't really have too much of a reaction to the water.  She was perfectly content to let Josh wipe her down while she sat halfway submerged.  In fact I think she probably liked the feeling of the water because as soon as we took her out she proceeded to pee all over her towel and dad.  :)

We haven't attempted another bath since and frankly I don't think she needs one quite yet.  Her skin is still peeling a bit and I don't want to dry it out even more.  She's been better with spitting up and thus doesn't really get too dirty minus the milk drool.




Needed dad's finger to suck on 

This was after the pee incident 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...