Thursday, August 22, 2013

34 Weeks

34 weeks feels like a huge milestone to me for some reason.  Its not the start of third trimester but smack dab in the middle.  34 weeks means we only have about 6 weeks left till we meet baby girl.  Its so exciting yet a little scary at the same time.  I know we're ready but the whole being responsible for another human being does still get my heart beating a bit faster.

This week I have really slowed down.  I am finding that sleeping is a bit uncomfortable now a days.  The pressure on my hips is unreal and its really hard to find a comfortable position at night.  Baby girl is also sitting really low which is giving me a lot of pressure.  I can't say for sure if she's dropped yet but she just feels lower.  She is still head down so I hope this doesn't mean she has plans to come early.  Stay in there a little longer and cook a bit!

We also went ahead and interviewed a doula.  We had been throwing the idea around a bit and were a bit unsure about whether or not we really needed the service.  In the end we were just so impressed with her knowledge of birth that we just knew it was a good idea.  I am constantly amazed at how much she knows just by looking at me.  At our interview she asked if my placenta was in a different position just because of the way my belly looked.  I really love her philosophy on birth and her desire to give me the birth I want.  I also love the rapport she has with the hospital staff.  She is really well respected there and knows the ins and outs.  Most of all I love the consistency of having her there.  One of the things that has bothered me throughout this pregnancy is that there is no guarantee that I would deliver with providers I knew.  But now, now I have her and Josh and that's good.  

The nursery is basically finished which makes me really happy.  We hung the bookcases on the wall and everything is pretty much stocked.  I do still have a few small projects.  I don't have a toy basket in there yet and I still need to put pictures in the frames.  The pictures will have to wait till she's born but that's ok.  

34 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...