Wednesday, August 7, 2013

32 Weeks

This week I have really felt pregnant.  I know I know.  I'm 8 months pregnant.  I should feel such but until this week I really hadn't.  Baby girl is running out of room in there and I'm feeling the effects.  Towards the end of the day my back starts to hurt and I get the same cramp in my upper right rib cage.  I've also been waking up more and more during the night to roll over.  The pressure on my hips is pretty bad and I can only sleep about an hour or two on one side.

My feet are swelling a bit and I've tried to make sure I'm elevating them when I sit.  Otherwise I haven't really noticed any other major changes in my body.  I'm still stretch mark free and the belly button is still in.  I am up a few more pounds than I normally would have liked to be but all the weight seems to be situated on the belly so that's good.

We were supposed to have our 32 week appointment this Monday but a personal emergency with my doctor rescheduled us for today.  I'm a little disappointed that we won't be seeing him again but am happy that we got rescheduled with one of the midwives on staff.  We still haven't put our birth plan into writing and I'm sure we'll get asked again for it at this appointment.  Life has just been so busy that unfortunately it has gotten pushed to the back burner.  I'm going to make it a priority the next week.

We also started our birth class yesterday.  Its a four class course that meets over the next two weeks.  I'm excited to learn more about the whole process and to have Josh there with me.  It doesn't hurt that our teacher is a hoot to be around.  She is constantly cracking jokes which lightens the mood.  The only downside I see thus far is the class is pretty huge.  Its a free one on base and it seems like a lot of people are taking advantage of it.

We are also tossing around hiring a doula for the birth.  One of the other commanders in the unit talked to Josh about it and had really positive things to say.  We're going to check into it and then make a decision.  Both of us don't really know exactly the services a doula has to offer so a little research is definitely in order.

I am also hoping that this weekend we can do some maternity photos.  Josh gifted me some photos as a birthday present and I'm excited to take them before I get too huge.  Josh takes beautiful photos and I know we can get some good shots just the two of us.

I still feel like I'm in full blown baby prep mode.  I just want to cross everything off of our list and have everything ready and waiting for her.  I haven't made any more progress in the nursery since my last post.  The shelves are still on the ground and the gallery wall is still waiting to be put up.  I also need to make sure the car seat bases are properly installed in both of our cars and get a few more supplies.

Don't mind the dirty mirror

1 comment:

  1. Doulas are amazing! You should really consider hiring one. But make sure its a good fit. Doulas are typically patient, kind, and knowledgeable, and can be a huge help to *both* of you during labor.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...