Wednesday, July 31, 2013

31 Weeks

This week hasn't been the most comfortable.  The last two days I've had the worse cramps.  I had pain in my abdominal area that literally lasted five hours yesterday.  Of course Dr. Google had no specific answers to my questions.  Thankfully it died down after I laid down for a bit.  I'm feeling better today and am just slightly sore.  I understand Braxton Hicks contractions are in my future but I hope I don't have more days like yesterday.

On a positive note we've gotten a lot done this week (and its only half over!).  I finished the nightstand and bookcases.  Yesterday we got a few more things in the mail for the nursery and my mom bought us a rock n play.  I also signed up for TWO huge consignment sales this upcoming month and am hoping to finish getting everything we need for Baby Girl between the two.  I'm all for consignments but I'm hoping that its not this mad rush to grab things.

Next week we start our birth class and I'm really excited to see what its like.  I'm also hoping to make it to a few breastfeeding classes and a cloth diaper class later this month.  I've taken a few classes already at the installation and all have been pretty useful.  I can't say I've learned a ton of new information but its turned into a great refresher as well as opens up discussions about child raising.

Its crazy how fast our schedules are filling up for August.  We also have an ob appointment next Monday.  I can't believe we will be at 8 months.  The time is just slipping away.  This weekend we are going away to Wilimington for a little R & R. I am super excited about this trip as it will probably be one of the last chances for Josh and I to go on a trip alone before she gets here.  I'm only a little disappointed because I won't be able to do some of the normal activities we would partake on a trip like this.  No diving, no parasailing, no surfing.  Of course I understand why but I love getting out and being active!

Overall I still feel like I can't complain.  I'm still pretty comfortable and getting some sleep (I'm at the point of waking up about every two hours or so).  Sure I had some cramps yesterday but for the most part I'm still pretty active and getting things done around the house.  I'm hoping this feeling lasts for at least another month!

31 weeks

3 comments:

  1. I have had cramping like you did and it always scares me...but I noticed that about 2 days after I get the cramps my bump seems to really pop out more. My mother in law said she got the same cramping when she was pregnant and it was her growing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the insight! Yeah I think she's just going through a growth spurt in there. I think I just found a stretch mark so that could be it...

      Delete
  2. This makes me a little nervous to get pain like this, your a few weeks a head of me so I'm sure its in my future! We are taking birthing classes and breastfeeding classes next week too, I'm excited for it!

    xoxo
    Petchie
    http://psblogbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...