Thursday, October 6, 2011

Home is where the heart is...

The last few years the word "home" had taken on a broader definition. When I went away to college and then grad school, home became those locations because it was where I lived, where I was connected.  Now half way around the world, Kenya has become home for the same reasons.  I've found that no matter where I am or how far away I am from where I started, home can be a reality for me and I feel blessed that I have that capability.

My dad claims I have caught a travel bug.  Sure maybe he's right but at least I have the ability to be grounded in wherever I am.   Home is a relative term for me.  Its where my family is, its where my friends are, its where I currently am....

On that note though I am very excited to be coming "home" to Illinois in December!

It'll be nice to get back to this old house and maybe I'll even see a little snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...