Thursday, October 27, 2016

Mara's 3rd Birthday Party-Onto Neverland!

After changing her mind a few times, Mara decided that Peter Pan was the theme of the party this year!  This was also the first year she got some say in the guest list :) She's starting to have her little friends so we wanted to make sure we included everyone she wanted to come.




For decorations I tried to keep it simple.  I know I tend to go overboard a bit but crafting is fun for me so I never really see it as work.  I made a few banners including the traditional happy birthday one, another to look like peter pan's outfit and then repurposed one we've been using for the past two years. I also pulled out a ton of stars from her first birthday (details found here).  I guess it helps to save this stuff right?!





We got into the theme other places as well with a crocodile ring toss, peter pan coloring sheets and my personal favorite the cupcake croc!!  I even made Mara a Wendy dress which lasted about half of the birthday party before playing dress up was in order.



We kept things really low key and just had the kids play.  The only organized thing we accomplished that day was the traditional singing of Happy Birthday which Mara promptly got shy and refused to blow out her candle.




Overall it was a great day.  I love a laid back party where we can eat yummy food, hang out with friends and just celebrate our girl.  And that's what we got.  Mara had a blast and was talking about it for weeks to come. I predict birthdays are going to be a big thing around here in the future!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...