Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Easter

Easter was a low key holiday for us.  Josh was away in the states so it was just the girls and I here in Georgia.  The night before I gave the girls their Easter baskets mainly because we were about to have a bath and they contained bath toys.  The other reason was I didn't want to do it before church because I knew we would be rushed to get out of the door.




Mara was really into her basket this year and loved pulling all the little things out of it.  She seem to really appreciate the gifts and loved her Little ponies and new bath toys.  Madeline was just happy to watch her big sister and be part of the action.




On Easter Sunday we got dressed in our Sunday best and headed to church.  The girls had matching outfits which I made and just adored.  Hopefully I can do this more often in the future.  I love my girls to match!!



After service we went to lunch with the pastor and his family.  They have become dear friends and it was so kind of them to treat me and the girls to lunch.  Mara loves their girls and had a blast with them at the restaurant

 




.

Our holiday concluded with a small egg hunt I set up after nap time that day.  I hid about 30 eggs around the living room/dining room and let Mara go to town.  She loved it.  She especially loved the M & M's I put in the eggs.  She stopped to shake, open and eat with each egg so the whole finding egg process took a bit!



The Easter festivities didn't end there as the embassy put on a hunt and special day for the kids the Saturday afterwards.  I had a book party with Usborne but Josh and the girls were able to attend.  I think they all had a good time!  Mara got to hunt more eggs, get her face painted and stick too many stickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...