Sunday, January 4, 2015

Whole 30

I was already set to try to get more healthy this year.  You know the typical new year's resolution to exercise and eat better.  Now already knowing myself I probably would have just tried to workout without really changing what I eat much.  I may have lost a few pounds but probably wouldn't have been too satisfied with my results.

Then one of my good friends made it known that she was going to try the whole 30 program again.  She had done it awhile ago and wanted to give it another shot.  Suddenly it sounded pretty appealing to me.  Eat real food.  Real unprocessed food.

The basics of whole 30 are just that, eat real food.  Protein, fruit, vegetables and healthy fats.  No bread.  No dairy.  No sugar.  Of course there is some fine print but that's the basics.

I eat a lot of crap.  A lot of sugar and frankly I'd go as far as saying I'm probably pretty addicted to it.  I crave sweets.  I always get a cookie when I eat out and chocolate is my go to snack.  I'm excited about kicking this habit and seeing what not consuming sugar for 30 days does to my body.

I know this is going to be difficult.  I'm going to have pretty intense cravings but I'm hoping to push through them.  To try to change my relationship with food.  I don't see this 30 day challenge as a life change.  I will probably add some things back into my diet but I am hoping to get better control of my eating habits and jump start my weight loss program.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and stocked up on veggies, fruit and meat in preparation for Monday (Day 1 of the challenge).  I'm excited to see what I can make from these food and am ready to experiment with these foods in ways I have not before.  Today I prepped most of the veggies just to make things easier.  I'm all about efficiency these days and this will just help move things along.  I don't want food to become a stresser for me and I think doing some work before cooking will help.

So yeah here we go.  Whole 30.  There's no more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...