Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So unusual I had to stop and take a picture


So you never see this in Kenya and I mean never, not even in Nairobi! Street lights. In KENYA!!! I didn't think it was real and my supervisor was so baffled that she stopped to make sure we weren't lost.


This past week my supervisor and I drove out to her family's country home to pick up her kids. The drive was rough but beautiful. Modern day road trip minus getting stuck behind a mule driven cart. Her family was so welcoming and nice. I have never been so nicely treated and fed! Her mom is an activist. She has an organization for widowed women and their families. She builds houses for them and starts programs that will generate income. Right now she is working on a garden and a fish pond. I wish I had half of this lady's drive! The compound was really nice with a few head of cattle and geese. The air was so clean and refreshing in the country I got a little bit of a sore throat. Bad when you start getting used to smog and pollution. I don't know if I will get back but it was definitely worth the day off and long car ride. Rachel's kids are so cute and I managed to get three pictures to put up on my walls thanks to Serabi and Steve! Sadly this is the only picture I took of the day trip..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...